As a figure skater, I am always looking for healthy recipes to keep me fueled while staying in tip-top shape. There are definitely some recipes out there that leave you feeling less than satisfied, don’t worry! Here are my favorite healthy recipes to help you stay on track with your diet and fitness regimen.
Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats.
½ cup oats
½ cup milk of choice
1 T Honey
1 T chia seeds
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
2-3 Strawberries diced
- In a container add everything but the strawberries and mix until combined.
- Add the strawberries last and lightly mix them in.
- Store in the fridge overnight or at least 1 hour.
1 cup pitted dates
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup oats
¼ tsp vanilla
Pinch of ground ginger
Pinch of cinnamon
½ cup crushed pecans
3 T coconut oil
3 scoops vanilla protein
2 T flour
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes
- Blend dates in a food processor with a splash of water
- In another bowl add the date paste, conut, oats, vanilla, spices, pecans and coconut oil and mix till combined.
- Next, add the flour and protein powder.
- With your hands, roll into 1-balls and store in the refrigerator
Quick Healthy Meals to Fuel and Energize Your Body.
When you’re in a rush, it can be hard to find time to cook healthy meals for yourself. Here are some quick meals that will help you fuel and energize your body without spending too much time in the kitchen!
Banana, Granola, and Yogurt
This is a great pre or post-workout meal! The potassium and carbs from bananas are great to help with muscle recovery and replenishing glycogen stores, and yogurt is a great source of protein!
Avocado Toast with Hemp Seeds and Eggs on Top
If you don’t like protein powders, hemp seeds are full of protein and easy to add to anything. The avocado is a great healthy fat and the toast has carbs to fuel your workout.
Cottage Cheese and Fruit
If you need something quick and easy that is loaded with nutrients, this is my go-to!
Oatmeal with a Scoop of Protein
Oatmeal never gets boring because you can make it almost any flavor. I like to add protein to mine and fruit with nut butter.